Some reasons to consider
Facebook Advertising is one of the best tools to grow your business and create loyal customers. It also generates leads and sales. Over 3,000,000 businesses are advertising on Facebook, and it’s never been better to get started than now.
These are just a few of the many reasons Facebook Advertising is so exciting for marketers.
- Audience size Facebook boasts more than 1.13 billion active users per day – 1.03 Billion of whom access the social network via their mobile devices.
- Attention: People are very active on social media. The average user spends around 50 minutes on Facebook, Instagram and Messenger each day.
- Organic reach declining: Organic Reach on Facebook has been steadily falling for several years and is close to zero. Facebook is a network that requires you to pay if you want to make it big.
- Targeting: Facebook Ads offers incredible targeting options. Businesses can target customers by location, gender, age, interest, and behavior.
Facebook advertising: pros and cons
Before we get into the details of Facebook advertising, I want to share this incredible list of pros and cons from Moz blog. This was so useful in our decision making process regarding Facebook Ads for Buffer.
- Campaigns are simple to track
- Traffic influx immediately
- You have complete control over your budget and the maximum cost-per-click
- Instant Return on Investment (Easy to calculate the cost per conversion and determine your profit)
- You have more targeting options than just towns and regions.
- Google AdWords is easier to set up
- It is possible to reach people before they are aware of what they need. While capturing those who are aware in a subtle manner, it allows you to reach them early in the buying process.
- Images and videos can be used to attract the attention of your target market and help you sell your products or services.
- CPC is very affordable, depending on the industry. On average, it costs $0.61 per click
- It can cost more than Google AdWords if it is not properly managed.
- Depending on the target market, the vast majority of your potential audience may not be relevant. For example, we wouldn’t recommend Facebook Advertising to someone who only serves or supplies their products or services in one place.
- You cannot target ads at specific times of the day or days of the week without a lifetime budget.
- Ideal for B2C market operators
- Your goal conversion rate could be reduced if you reach people too early in the purchasing cycle
Facebook ads can be very beneficial to any business, there are a number of professionals you can consider to help you get set up or even manage your ads for you.